October 7, 2012

Haunted House Applique Pillow


So, I started this applique a couple years ago?? maybe?? Anyway... I finished up the whole thing this year. Yay!

I believe I found a picture of this house online, cut it out and taped it on some existing black fleece I had. (I think it's a former Ikea throw -- :)

My memory is obviously stellar.


Anyway... there is accented orange hand sewing stitching to highlight some areas on the house and the bats. (It was to sew the dang thing on, I think, originally, but left it as highlighting. I liked it better.) And I think the applique has glue.

To assemble the pillow I cut out the 'picture' from the pillow case it was on, used the iron to tuck in the edges, and machine stitched it on my orange 'fabric' (a company work shirt I sploshed with bleach) oops!

Then finally sewed it up together in an envelope-style closure.

(Finally = because in my hap-hazard way I finagle my crafts... haha... I was able to get it sewn like an envelope) not to mention I could not get my machine to sew! grrr!!

And then I stuffed it with some pathetic old recycled pillow 'stuff' from a bed pillow the previous porch pillow enclosed. (Had to cut it down = too big!)

But I think it turned out ok, don't you?

I love the T-shirt material... it is such a great color! And I love how this pillow adds to the decor on my Halloween Porch.

(flying ghost post to come :)

Happy Halloween to you!

Linking To: eighteen 25 & The 36th Avenue & One Creative Mommy & Craftberry Bush & Tatertots and Jello & Itsy Bitsy & A Pretty Life, Made in a Day



8 comments:

  1. Love this pillow! I hope you will stop by and link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pillow is adorable, love the orange stitching, glad you left it:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your nice comment! i like the orange stitching too :) thank your for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by to let you I featured you today on my Spooktacular Linky Party final features! Thanks so much for joining this years party!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pillow! I love silhouettes on pillows.
    I saw it on Made in a Day.
    Happy Hallowe'en!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my pillow! Your Wee Witches are sooo adorable! I'll have to give that craft a try! Thanks again ! Happy Halloween :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thank you :)