July 22, 2013

Wheat-free Chocolate Chip Cookies


Uh.... yeah... kind of interesting, huh?

So, without a lot of TMI ;) 
I have been struggling with my tummy region on the ol' bod and 
decided to look up information on wheat. 
I have come across the book, Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis, MD and although I haven't purchased and/or read this book, 
I decided to go wheat-free in my diet to see if it made any difference.

I already bake with oat flour.
 I've used rice flour in the past, but bought some more as well as
buckwheat flour, which I've never used.

I came across a recipe for Buckwheat and Rice Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies in my search for info on buckwheat.
Well, I gave 'em a try today. However, I did also include oat flour.
I received some sage advice from my nephews wife about buckwheat being strong, so I used 1/4 cup buckwheat and rice flour each and 1/2 cup oat flour. 

I thought I'd try and up the cookie-appeal level to my kids by calling them 'beach cookies' because the appearance of the dough looks kinda dark & sandy!


However, the scent of the cookie dough was heavenly 
 and the taste of the baked craziness was actually really good. 

There really isn't any alternate flavor that I could detect; most likely due to the copious amounts of butter and sugar.
I'm not to fond of that amount of fat and sugar
 (cuz I feel guilty using that much!)
 so I think I will work with this recipe
and see if I can 'tweek' it just so to my comfort level.

And you can see, the appearance of the final cookie is disastrous.
So, I need to work on that as well, if possible.

Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Thank you :)