November 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Wreaths & Garland

  

So, I tried something different for my indoor wreaths. (Even after I said how I liked having a wreath with a simple item hanging in the center that could be easily changed for the season - haha!)


I used the orange satin ribbon from my Halloween trio and tied it horizontally. The small pumpkins are a find from Hobby Lobby last year, I believe. I didn't glue them down; just tucked them in the grapevine wreath. For this wreath, I printed 'grateful you're here'.  It hopefully gives a welcoming feeling to those who enter my home as well as using a word that fits the season. This wreath hangs on my coat closet door close to the the front door.


I like to take the curly Qs from grapevine wreaths and and tuck them in as well to the felt pumpkins. Too cute! Use either adjacent curlys or cut some off.


I so wish I could link back to the blogger where I first learned that you could print on fabric just from your paper printer! But I don't remember and could not find it trying to search online. Sorrry :/      
                                     
(I made this garland using the same printing technique)

Anyway... this is just plain ol' muslin fabric that I printed on.

It's easiest if you print your quote on regular paper, cut a piece of muslin and tape it over the printed quote and then send the whole thing through the printer manually. 
*** caution, paper can get jammed, so be careful ! ***


And I think I used the bold feature on this print and not the other?? 
It looks darker. I think it looks better, so do that  :)

For this wreath, I used a scripture from the Bible, Matthew 9:37. 
It's not really in context here, but I was looking to use the word harvest
I have this hanging on my pantry door. 
I think it is a great way for my family to celebrate and be thankful this
Thanksgiving Season
for all our food behind that pantry door. 

And really... all the 'plenteous' blessings we have been given.

7 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could print on fabric from the printer! So cool. I love your wreath--especially the cute messages. Thank you so much for visiting and adding your idea to the Thanksgiving Treats and Fall Fun Linky Party. I’m one of your co-hosts from OneCreativeMommy.com. If you linked up from one of the other co-host sites, I hope you’ll stop by my site for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Heidi! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for stopping by :) I linked up from your site and not a co-host. Thanks for hosting a Thanksgiving Linky!! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and festive for Thanksgiving :) Visiting from Flaunt It Friday. Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the nice comments ~ Have a great weekend, too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Thanksgiving wreath and decorations. Thank you for sharing at The Weekly Creative link party. I hope you have a great weekend :)

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this wreath- what a lovely way to welcome people into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire Rose and Shannon! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thank you :)